Saturday 31 October 2009

LA/TM-013 Vestre Vealøs

In England I purchased a SB270 SOTA beam from Richard G3CWI and I used it to activate the Cloud. Saturday the tropo forecast looked promising so I decided to give it a try from Vealøs. I parked by the gate and walked the road almost to the summit. I found a suitable spot to erect the antenna 14 meters of elevation bellow the summit.

The only SSB station I could hear was OK1MAC but I heard some stations on cw. I tried to call the OK station but he was not able to hear me. At the end I worked the usual local guys on 2m fm. Before heading home I walked to the summit and signed the book. I'm looking forward to the 2m NRAU Activity Contest next Tuesday.

144MHz: 4 QSOs
DXCCs: LA

Blog entry is backdated

4 comments:

  1. It was good to meet you guys from Norway even though it was a brief meet up. If your over next year i think some better plans can be put in place. Sean M0GIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed meeting you too Sean and we're looking forward to next year!

    Mads

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is plans for next Mads and rightly so. Sean M0GIA

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is plans for next year Mads and rightly so, this time we will not meet up on the last day. Sean M0GIA

    ReplyDelete