Saturday 10 October 2009

LA/TM-094 Braknesheia

Saturday Aage LA1ENA, Kjell LA1KHA and I LA1TPA were going to activate LA/TM-070 Brunane.

On the parking spot by the gate we were approached by a nice farmer letting us know that there were a lot of moose hunters in the area. We quickly decided not to activate the summit and instead try to climb LA/TM-069 Rønnomnipa.

We knew in advance that some parts of the track were very steep and a little scary. Aage reached the summit while Kjell and I chose to return to the lower grounds.

On our way home we all activated LA/TM-094 Braknesheia. I started to call on 14.285MHz but couldn't get any answers. Kjell was nice enough to take a break from 40m so I could work for a while to get the 4 needed contacts. At the end I tried to QSY to 80m but to the QRM from Europe was just to loud.

Lesson learned: We need wider spacing between the antennas on the summit

7MHz: 6 QSOs
DXCCs: GW, G, ON, DL

Blogentry is backdated

2 comments:

  1. ou need to learn Morse to be more effective and have more fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that cw is more effective and I will work on my cw this winter.

    ReplyDelete