Monday 3 August 2009

LA/HM-009 Tron

On our way home from vacation in the northern parts of Norway we stopped by at Tron near Alvdal. It was very foggy and we struggled a lot driving the unsecured gravel road to the summit. The visibility on the way up was only about 5 - 10 metres! I didn't want to push the safety limits so I decided to activate just inside the AZ and not look for the highest point in the fog.

I got out of the car and walked the last 100 metres by foot. This is not my favorite modus operandi and it almost felt like cheating! I worked 5 stations on 14.285MHz before I QSYed to 7.118MHz without selfspotting on sotawatch. I was soon answered by 2 G-stations. I soon decided to return to the car as the wind was heavy and the rain was pouring down.

Road fee: 50 NOK

14MHz: 5 QSOs
7MHz: 2 QSOs
DXCCs: DL, ON, OE, G

Blogentry is backdated

No comments:

Post a Comment