Thursday 7 May 2009

LA/TM-013 Vestre Vealøs

Due to reports on the Internet on Sporadic-E openings on 10m I decided to join the NAC28 (NRAU Activity Contest on 10m) from Vestre Vealøs. I scanned the band for a while but could only hear two local stations.

I QSYed to 20m and worked one OE station. On 40m I worked 9 stations but the activation suffered from a lot of QSB. I used the PAC-12 antenna with coils for the different bands but had a little problem getting the SWR down on 10m. I fixed this by changing the radial kit.

I walked from the gate at Skifjell because I expected to return in the dark. The wind on the summit was rather heavy.

I almost stepped on a badger on my way home!

14MHz: 1 qso
7MHZ: 9 qsos
145MHz: 2 qsos
DXCCs: OE, HA, G, DL, GW, LA

Blog entry is backdated

No comments:

Post a Comment