Wednesday 25 February 2009

LA/BU-010 Styggmann aborted activation

Monday this week I was on my way to LA/BU-010 Styggmann but had to return because the preparation of the skis where not suitable for this kind of snow conditions. To bad as I was only 1,5 - 2,0 kilometers away from the summit after skiing for about 6 kilometers. I used Tape Grip instead of normal ski wax and that caused huge amount of snow sticking under the skis when the air temperature rose well above the freezing point. I had to lift the ski from the ground in each step as gliding was impossible. I "walked" like this for about 2 kilometers before I decided to return so in total I struggled this way for about 8 kilometers. I'm sure I looked rather silly!


I was totally worn out when returning to the car park and had huge blisters on both my heels. I guess it will be some days until I put my ski boots or walking boots back on.

Parking spot: Ravalsjø

Road fee: 40 nok (coins or credit card)

Point where I returned: A few hundered meters after ascending Urskleiv

2 comments:

  1. Skismurning? Tror du har funnet opp snølim...
    Flott side.
    73 LA1KHA Kjell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det tror jeg også, Kjell :-)

    73

    Mads

    ReplyDelete