Sunday 11 January 2009

LA/TM-032 Ramsås


Hans-Petter (LA6GOA) and I took a trip to Ramsås today. I brought my 2*13,4m doublet to try some 80m activation. We started at 7.125MHZ and had 12 contacts before the frequency turned rather quiet. We QSYed to 3.657.5MHz and called CQ sota and CQ 80 for a while with no answers.

We were also monitoring 145.550MHz FM and could hear Kjell (LA1KHA/M) trying to call us. He was not able to hear my answer so I called him from my cell phone. He had been listening for us on 80m but could not hear us at all! I looked at my gear and found out that on side of the 300 ohm feeder had jumped off the balun terminal and shorted to ground. That's probably why 40m went quiet and that we couldn't get any contacts on 80m :-(

After fixing the problem both LA6GOA and myself had a quick chat with Kjell om 7.125MHz before packing up our gear. We signed the visitor book before heading home.

Thanks to all the chasers!

7MHz: 13 qsos

DXCCs: G, HB9, DL, ON, GW, OK, LA

No comments:

Post a Comment